Photo

What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#201 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Well you shouldn't be smoking anyway so you don't need one. :p

I'm not! But as a former smoker, I understand the moral struggle you face when you chuck a butt out the window. :p

#202 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Call me butthurt. Call me a crybaby. Call me "already ready to leave after being given attitude a few times by Kway".

But you can also call me "completely unwilling to put up with any more bullshit from internet bullies like Frizzle".

No wonder teens commit suicide.

I genuinely fail to see the bullying, but okay. And I'm pretty sure teens commit suicide because their hormones are imbalanced due to puberty and their prefrontal cortex isn't completely developed.

Oh, and the whole punching people was a big hyperbole (and I may have been a wee bit tipsy when posting it), but it really just makes me uncomfortable when people say things like that to me. I do outdoorsy things like hike up mountains and whatnot. I just umm... try to be in the shade or wear sunscreen. I swear I get enough Vitamin D just by driving to class or work lol. I'm just really careful to try not to get skin damage. 

#203 DasBear

DasBear
  • 133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

Yes! especially if its something important. Don't people know how to respond properly, At least PRETEND you care!

Haha growing up, this guy in our neighborhood used to yell "Satan worshippers" at me, my sister and my friends when we would walk by his house, like really guy? Because we have 'unnatural' hair color or like darker clothing. So ridiculous.

It's pretty ridiculous, I agree. Me and my Besty got ready to head out for the day and some ladies came to the door to talk about...ya know, religious stuff. She's Pagan, I'm a Catholic - so this stuff doesn't rrreeaally bother me, EXCEPT then they tell me my religion is wrong and they have everything right. When they start that, I start speaking in Latin and telling them I'm summoning Lucifer. My Best friend start rolling her eyes back and acts possessed. Those ladies got so scared and ran for it. We've done this on the train when people start staring and making comments. So much fun. :D 

#204 Leeroy

Leeroy
  • 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

well on top of my head. a minor one :angry

i hate where my overfilled drawers get stuck and when i pull it out.. i break smth trying to force it out.. 

that grinds my gearrrr...

#205 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

When I tell my twins, they NEED to eat their soup and they just stare and mimic at each other....

Then my oldest -when he's usually the tiny mammals alpha male in the house- decide to take their party and not eat it as well, because his sisters aren't doing it either!

I end up looking at my husband with that murder's glare *why aren't you doing anything?!?!?!* and if he could send out a SOS signal to anyone, he would  :help:

#206 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:00 PM

When I tell my twins, they NEED to eat their soup and they just stare and mimic at each other....

Then my oldest -when he's usually the tiny mammals alpha male in the house- decide to take their party and not eat it as well, because his sisters aren't doing it either!

I end up looking at my husband with that murder's glare *why aren't you doing anything?!?!?!* and if he could send out a SOS signal to anyone, he would  :help:

lol. i don't have twins (oh headache, you're a superhero.. i just have one) but that resonates with me and when it does, it REALLY grinds my gears lol. :)

#207 y2w3o

y2w3o
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Racism, I guess.

#208 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

I'm not! But as a former smoker, I understand the moral struggle you face when you chuck a butt out the window. :p

I *do* smoke, and one of the biggest rage-inducers for me is seeing people chuck half-smoked ciggies or butts out the window...the whole general lack of regard for (first and foremost) just carelessly introducing a fire hazard to the world and (secondly) littering just amazes me, and not in a good way.

My car doesn't have an ashtray either, but I got and use this, and it does the job well.

#209 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

If you chew with your mouth open, you should be stoned in the town square. 

#210 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

I AM DREADED when I see a plastic seat moistened with a butt print towards the summer season. It happens a lot in one of the lecture halls without A/C.

If you chew with your mouth open, you should be stoned in the town square. 

Well, I don't particularly maintain my eating etiquette when I'm stoned.

#211 Jolly

Jolly
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

I AM DREADED when I see a plastic seat moistened with a butt print towards the summer season. It happens a lot in one of the lecture halls without A/C.

Well, I don't particularly maintain my eating etiquette when I'm stoned.

I am sure stones are hard to eat without your mouth open, so your excused.

#212 pistola

pistola
  • 437 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

lag really grinds my gears.

impatient people.

and most importantly bad tippers.

#213 neoneomoon

neoneomoon
  • 47 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

The super long and tough extended period of wait i have to go through for a top university offer...  :angry

i guess my results werent that great in the first place... :rolleyes:

#214 Mandie

Mandie
  • 407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Internal hemorrhoids grind my gears! :reaper:

Edited by TearDropOnFire, 01 June 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#215 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

White People.

I'm white.

#216 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

I didn't think I would ever experience this again, but I did recently so I'm kinda on a rampage...

How the hell isn't it racist to tell a pale person that they should be more tan? Would you tell a black person to bleach their skin? I'm so very sorry by skin tone offends you, but you know what? You practically just told me to get cancer from skin damage. I'm very careful with my skin because I can burn. I have skin cancer on both sides. I am NOT going to conform to current beauty standards because it's not just going to cause me wrinkles later, it could potentially kill me. Think before you speak. How hard is that? I just want to punch people when they say something like that or they say that my legs are blinding them. Fuck you, too. I think I have very nice legs, thank you.

I feel ya, but I'm not pale because I'm super careful. I just don't tan. I burn, then become pale almost immediately again.

Although I don't care much for the fact people don't think it's pretty that I'm pale (I don't think an orange face is pretty so yeah), it particularily grinds my gears if people jump back in horror and shout "Omg are you okay?? You look like you're dying!" Gets even worse when I show up in people's faces without make-up "eww, do you have the flu?"

I get it, I'm pale, but geesh, do you really feel the need to constantly remind me I look like I'm terminally ill?  :rolleyes:

#217 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

ignorant people really grind my gears

and my racist family...ugh

#218 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

ignorant people really grind my gears

this ^

When my parents try to push religion on me and they know my stance on it for the past 10 years.

The fact that no matter how much allergy meds I take, I'm still miserable.

#219 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

People who lick their fingers then proceed to touch everything.

#220 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

this ^

When my parents try to push religion on me and they know my stance on it for the past 10 years.

The fact that no matter how much allergy meds I take, I'm still miserable.

I hear you big time on the allergies.

Grocery Store Zombies:  Those people who park their carts cross-wise in the aisle, such that you cannot get past them, as they engage in full-on Zen meditation over the condiments display.

#221 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

Grocery Store Zombies:  Those people who park their carts cross-wise in the aisle, such that you cannot get past them, as they engage in full-on Zen meditation over the condiments display.

OMG OMG YES! 

slow sidewalkers, people who just randomly stop in the middle of the aisle/road/sidewalk

#222 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

As one of these people, I'd like to apologize for all of us everywhere... How the hell am I supposed to pick mustard when there's 83 varieties?

#223 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

As one of these people, I'd like to apologize for all of us everywhere... How the hell am I supposed to pick mustard when there's 83 varieties?

Well that's a very good point, but you seriously couldn't come close (even if you tried) to comparing to what I ran into at the grocery earlier!

And, I might add another along the same vein:

Grocery Store Zombie Minions: These are even lower than the mere zombies...they block their carts as stated previously but maintain a completely blind/spaced-out demeanor while they proceed to have lengthy LOUD cell phone calls with family vacationing in Siberia or France, with the phone passed to each and every family member.

#224 Lambie

Lambie
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Mouth noises like when eating. Drives me insane. Or when people move their face to their silverware to eat instead of moving the silverware to their face.  You slouch and look silly. If you're worried about spilling, just sit closer to the table - or take less on your utensil, ya dingus.. 

#225 Daviid

Daviid
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

People walking on the left side of the sidewalk, FFS is not that hard to walk always on the right side.  

People who walk looking the phone, not just checking it, walking like a 100 meters looking at it.

People with whom you agree to do something and cancel it at the last minute.

Those are the kind of people that have a special place in hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users