• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:49 PM

Who buys a gallon of maple syrup at once??? lmao.

Uhhhh, you when you flee from Trump and start a new life as a moose riding maple syrup addict??

#52 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Uhhhh, you when you flee from Trump and start a new life as a moose riding maple syrup addict??

lmao! I love it! I am sure I will by a small size first... and drink it all, as my own initiation for moving to Vancouver lol. Then I will buy a gallon!

Also - the best pizza place in Ohio/Michigan/Indiana is hands down Vito's Pizza and their cheesy bread is to die for!!!! That is definitely the one thing I miss in Ohio and when I go to visit in December, I am going to order so much pizza lol. http://vitos.com/menu/

830309_297657267028696_1079712983_o.jpg

#53 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:02 PM

I do hahah. I cook with it a lot...I buy 50+ at a time for the restaurant. Pastries, cookies, maple glaze for meats like pork, I've got tons of recipes for maple syrup.

#54 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

I do hahah. I cook with it a lot...I buy 50+ at a time for the restaurant. Pastries, cookies, maple glaze for meats like pork, I've got tons of recipes for maple syrup.

OMG That sounds amazing! Any pastries made with real maple syrup is a winner in my book. I am not a fan of sweet and salty/savory together though! Like, I can't do chocolate covered pretzels or well, my mind escapes me on other food items I have turned down because of it! I dislike salted caramel too. Just give me the sweet stuff!

#55 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

I like both, and the spicy sweet too like chocolate with chili's in it. Maple is a staple ingredient in this area haha, New York loves it's maple syrup.

#56 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

I like both, and the spicy sweet too like chocolate with chili's in it. Maple is a staple ingredient in this area haha, New York loves it's maple syrup.

Hmmmm I def don't like spicy chocolate!

#57 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

I honestly don't know many people who do like it. If I had a bunch of different chocolate in front of me I'd personally choose the darkest chocolate there but that's me haha.

#58 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

I honestly don't know many people who do like it. If I had a bunch of different chocolate in front of me I'd personally choose the darkest chocolate there but that's me haha.

I loooooooooooooooooooooooove dark chocolate, the darker the better! :) I don't like fruit infused chocolate either. I like my chocolate pure!

#59 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Yeah I'm not into fruit infused chocolate...ever since I tried one of those orange flavored and shaped chocolates for Christmas that whole concept was done for me lol. Chocolate is a definite weakness for me.

#60 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:31 PM

Yeah I'm not into fruit infused chocolate...ever since I tried one of those orange flavored and shaped chocolates for Christmas that whole concept was done for me lol. Chocolate is a definite weakness for me.

Yessssss! Those orange infused chocolate oranges are gross!!! They made a raspberry one too..... soooo gross!

#61 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

Yeah no thank you to that hahah. I'll stick to the dark chocolate haha

#62 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

What's your favorite chocolate brand?

dark_cornet_200g_405x400px.png

and

ghirardelli-milk-chocolate-with-caramel-

Are my favorite!!!

#63 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

Gertrude Hawk would be my favorite...imported chocolate, bit pricy but I can't help myself when I'm in one of their shops.

Edited by WarezHaxor, 21 June 2016 - 12:25 AM.

#64 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

What's your favorite chocolate brand?

9d233d6945987650da4be49d13c7c7be.jpg

This is my favorite, but so hard to find. :( I'm weak for chocolate pretzels, Flipz is my shit. Another favorite would be Cadbury fruit & nut.

#65 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

@Nanarie I love Cadbury chocolate from Australia!

#66 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

@Nanarie I love Cadbury chocolate from Australia!

Why Australia in particular? :o I think the ones in USA are made by hershey so they're a bit sweeter so I prefer the ones made in the UK.

#67 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

There's this all you can eat sushi place called Wakame Sushi

MMM I love it so much

#68 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:15 PM

Has anyone heard of a mellow mushroom restaurant? They make the best pizza ever!!!! And their pretzels are on point.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty, 28 June 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#69 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

Hey people, I need some cool restaurant ideas for July 23, it is our 4 year anniversary together and we are going to do lunch at the Dairy Queen where we met and then a cool dinner. I live in the United States, TN, and Nashville is the major big city nearest me! Help a sister out with some suggestions and I can see if we have one around me!

Why Australia in particular? :o I think the ones in USA are made by hershey so they're a bit sweeter so I prefer the ones made in the UK.

They just taste better from Australia. I have a friend I met on Neopets from Australia and we did a candy exchange! The cadbury candy just could not last long enough, we ate it so fast!

There's this all you can eat sushi place called Wakame Sushi

MMM I love it so much

All you can eat sushi?!!!!! OMG that would be heaven for me!

#70 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:16 AM

I have a new favorite restaurant. It's called Tay's Burgers and it's in Kansas City. It's a fast food place, but the meat is grass fed and local and they have the best fries I've ever stuck in my mouth. And siracha ketchup.

You can't tell from the picture, but the bun is buttery and the onions are really caramelized, not thrown on the heat for a minute and colored brown from a dirty grill.

not my picture:

o.jpg

#71 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:21 AM

I have a new favorite restaurant. It's called Tay's Burgers and it's in Kansas City. It's a fast food place, but the meat is grass fed and local and they have the best fries I've ever stuck in my mouth. And siracha ketchup.

You can't tell from the picture, but the bun is buttery and the onions are really caramelized, not thrown on the heat for a minute and colored brown from a dirty grill.
not my picture:
o.jpg

Omg those fries looooook so delicious! And that restaurant sounds amazing!

#72 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

Has anyone heard of a mellow mushroom restaurant? They make the best pizza ever!!!! And their pretzels are on point.

Yes, Arizona has two of them as of last month. Made me so happy, now that one is down the street from me.

Favorite Places
Sushi : Ninja: common name but this one is a mom and pap shop \ Mr.Sushi: in California, too far away
Mexican: Los Dos Milanos: To my knowledge, they are a local chain, only in Arizona
Italian: La Cascio: Closed down, looking for a new place.
Pizza: Mellow's for sit in, Papa John's for to go.
Buffet: Lin's Grand Buffet

#73 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Omg yes. @Padme and @shrouded introduced me to Mellow Mushroom last summer and I've been missing it ever since. Their calzones mmmmm

#74 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

Yeah we have a Mellow Mushroom in Nashville which is 45 minutes away from me so some day when I have money to do random things again, I want to take Ryan there for sure! He will love it!

#75 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

I really want to go to Red Robins for my birthday dinner, but just like today, no $$ to do so! And I am going to go out on a limb and say that it is my favorite restaurant for the moment! My favorite restaurant changes all the time based on how long it has been since I ate there.

Late to the party/its too late for this (unless you want to put in a fake bday) but red robin has a loyalty program and you get a free birthday burger.

I have quite a few favorite restaurants, but all of them are local/independently owned. Farm to table type places

Relish is my absolute favorite, just good southern comfort food. They have fried black eyed peas, and like 5-6 different mac & cheese skillets.

Virgil's tacos is HELLA good. Hands down best tacos I've had/best tacos in my area for sure. I just wanna go feast one day and order one of every taco (and some mexican fries)

Oak City meatball shoppe is another favorite. Meatball shop (obviously). They have different kinds of meatballs and sauces you can get on the balls, they also always have a "ball of the day" and a "sauce of the day"

Calavera - empanadas, so v heavenly.

Bouchon - french restaurant, its a few hours from me but man is it delicious.

Edit:

Mellow mushroom is super tasty! we have a few in NC. Also Cowfish is super good, burgers and sushi.

My all-time fav sushi place is Sono though, but its pricey.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, eat, restaurant, hungry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users