• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Nandos!

Butterfly chicken with rice and corn on the cob. Delicious!

#27 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

Moose's Tooth had the best pizza I have ever had in Alaska. And Kriner's Diner in Alaska. Other than that, I dunno.

@WarezHaxor what is the restaurantyou work at called? Looks good. I would wanna go there!

#28 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:05 AM

Those are from Angelo's 677 Prime. There are a few restaurants we operate under that same family, and then we've got other little bistros and steakhouses, along with a mansion we do catering out of and travel to do other catering jobs.

Edit: 450 posts...almost to the next award haha

Edited by WarezHaxor, 20 June 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#29 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

It's called L'Artigiano but I call it Crack Pasta because it's addicting. It's a cute little restaurant a few minutes from where I live.

23011683.jpg

...I have been working verrrry close to you the past couple of weeks.

#30 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:36 AM

...I have been working verrrry close to you the past couple of weeks.

Ooh, maybe we've passed each other.

#31 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

i'm low-brow. :/ my favourite restaurant is KFC. i feel out-of-place in fancy restaurants, tbh.

#32 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

Ooh, maybe we've passed each other.

Haven't been quite your way, but I've been in and out of the Barbican a lot so pretty close. :p

#33 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:48 AM

I don't particularly fit in with fancy restaurants honestly...got tats and 1 inch plugs and don't dress up to go to fancy restaurants, but I still go just because I cook in one and I figure if I happen to have the extra money to go to one, how I dress or look isn't going to stop me lol.

#34 rintastic

rintastic
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

I  used to love Daves Italian Kitchen in Evanston, IL but it closed super suddenly.  They're opening a new, smaller location but I worry it won't be the same.... 

#35 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:27 AM

There's a restaurant in New Orleans called Dookie Chases' it's a soul food place ran by Leah Chase (she was the inspiration for Princess Tiana in Princess and the Frog) this place is AMAZING. I've never eaten so much food in my life because everything was fucking delicious. It's on my bucket list to go back before I die.

Fast food wise my favorite restaurant is a tie between In N Out and La Fuente. In N Out for the Double Doubles and La Fuente for their hot cheeto burritos.

Edited by Mishelle, 20 June 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#36 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:50 AM

Pizzeria Kentucky. Chain pizza restaurant in Buenos Aires, best pizza in town IMO.

pizzeria-kentucky.jpg

#37 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hm. Food thread. :D

I have a few favourite restaurants. No pics because I don't have the habit of taking pics of my food, and I'm too lazy to google it. Use your imagination.

There's this classy hotel a couple of hours away that has an open to public sushi bar. Although I tend to stay away from the fish (but Mancave loves it), I am not a fan of raw fish. To be honest I only go there for the fruit sushi that. Is. Amazing!

It a bit pricey, but we always make sure to go there a few times a year. It was the first place I took him in one of our first dates when we got back to Portugal after being in a relationship. I don't say it that often, but it's one of my favourite places to be with him.

More close to me (still 45 mins away by car lel), there's an italian restaurant in the city that has he most amazing flat garlic breads I've ever had in my life. Their pastas & pizzas are to die for too. I/we go there at least once a week or every other week. The service is impeccable, the food is cheap and it's great during the summer because we can eat outside making all the people passing by jealous of how awesome we are.

In my village there's a typical portuguese restaurant that serves/does take-outs regional food and is my favourite choice when we're feeling too lazy to cook or when we just want a quick way to get out of the house and have great food at "walking distance".

And in Spain, right after the border there's this nasty looking small tapas bar opened 24/7 that serves the greasiest grilled pork anyone could eat. Their tapas are so good and cheap I forget how nasty the bar looks and the eyebrow wiggles the mustached old owner always gives me when I go there alone in the middle of the night during one of my cravings' crisis. #worthit

#38 Nanarie

Nanarie
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:43 AM

All my money goes to food. One of my favorite restaurants in particular is Mr. Taka in NYC. I'm very picky about ramen and it's one I find to be most authentic. There's also a Korean restaurant near my school which is fabulous. They make their bibimbap with premium beef and it's heavenly. Two foods I'm extremely picky about and generally unsatisfied when I try it at new restaurants: ramen and bibimbap. 

I'm also weak for southern food. Page's Okra Grill in SC is the one of the best I've ever had. Also Pies n Thighs in NYC.

As for a place you could find anywhere, Taco Bell. Nacho Supreme, hell yeah. HELL YEAH.  

#39 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

And you ever make it out that way @Coops I'll see to it the food is free and the wine is at cost. Our sommeliers gotta eat too lmao!

#40 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:45 AM

Man I am loving all these food places. Definitely taking note so when I travel, if I come across these, I can stop in!

#41 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:19 PM

London recommendations from Ali, should you ever be in town. We go out quite a lot...just seems to be what people do in London, I think because we all work quite long hours so nobody can be bothered to cook, and people live all over so you tend to do stuff with friends after work and feel the need to eat

Chain restaurants:

Franco Manca

Cheap sourdough pizza. <3

Ping Pong

Dim sum

Burger and Lobster

Worth it if you're having lobster. Not worth it if you're having a burger

Super Special Occasions:

Clos Maggiore

French restaurant in Covent Garden that I get taken to on super special occasions because it's a) pricy but b) so freaking beautiful. Looook at it. :heart:

Clos_Maggiore_-_Conservatory_photo_4.jpg

Hawksmoor

Pricy pricy meat. This is where the Boy is taken when he deserves nice things

Local to our house:

Queen of Sheba

Amazing Ethiopian food, and the staff are always so lovely to us

Anima e Cuore

It's this tiny Italian cafe/restaurant and we love it. Probably the restaurant we go to the most

There used to be this great place called Shoe Shop in Kentish Town but it shut earlier this year :(

Other:

Barrafina

Tapas

Honey and Co

Middle Eastern

Japanese

American-Italian

#42 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

@Ali thanks! I actually do intend on going to London, when, not sure depends on funds! But I definitely want to go soon!

#43 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

My favourite restaurant is called Mongolian BBQ Grill. Simply because it's a twelve dollar all you can eat, and they cook your food on a big stone. And it's fucking cool as shit. But since being diagnosed with celiac, talking about food just makes me sad.

Spoiler

#44 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

My favourite restaurant is called Mongolian BBQ Grill. Simply because it's a twelve dollar all you can eat, and they cook your food on a big stone. And it's fucking cool as shit. But since being diagnosed with celiac, talking about food just makes me sad.

Spoiler

Awwww sorry to hear about that! I absolutely know Mongolian BBQ Grill lol that place is awesome!!!

#45 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:53 PM

Awwww sorry to hear about that! I absolutely know Mongolian BBQ Grill lol that place is awesome!!!

You shut your face, where do you live? If you say Vancouver we're officially bestfriends by default.

#46 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

You shut your face, where do you live? If you say Vancouver we're officially bestfriends by default.

Nope unfortunately, and the restaurant I am talking about I thought was the same but is probably different, but it's called BD's Mongolian BBQ Grille in Toledo, Ohio, my home town.

http://www.gomongo.c...ores/toledo-oh/

But if Trump or Hillary win the election this year, I hope you have a spare room lol... I am gonna need a new country to live in lol

#47 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:27 PM

Nope unfortunately, and the restaurant I am talking about I thought was the same but is probably different, but it's called BD's Mongolian BBQ Grille in Toledo, Ohio, my home town.

http://www.gomongo.c...ores/toledo-oh/

But if Trump or Hillary win the election this year, I hope you have a spare room lol... I am gonna need a new country to live in lol

Oh! I've actually been to a couple Mongolian BBQ Grills and they're all quite good.

I definitely do not have a spare room but because we're bestfriends now (especially after hearing your political views) we can bunk up and do awesome Canadian sleepover things like drink maple syrup and ride a moose.

#48 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

Oh! I've actually been to a couple Mongolian BBQ Grills and they're all quite good.

I definitely do not have a spare room but because we're bestfriends now (especially after hearing your political views) we can bunk up and do awesome Canadian sleepover things like drink maple syrup and ride a moose.

*Jaw Drops* you can ride moose!!!!!! OMG Now I have to come visit you! And ha I always drank maple syrup as a kid, but I am sure it's not the real good stuff... just the stuff we american's put on our pancakes lol. I can't wait to try the real stuff!

#49 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

Everyone is used to that old maple flavored table syrup...the real stuff is where it's at. We've got a lot of local sugar houses in northern ny and I tap my own trees during the spring months for my own pure maple syrup. $40/gallon isn't cheap in the least bit.

#50 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

Everyone is used to that old maple flavored table syrup...the real stuff is where it's at. We've got a lot of local sugar houses in northern ny and I tap my own trees during the spring months for my own pure maple syrup. $40/gallon isn't cheap in the least bit.

Who buys a gallon of maple syrup at once??? lmao.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, eat, restaurant, hungry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users