Quantcast

Photo

Neocodex Minecraft Server Screeshots!

minecraft screenshots

782 replies to this topic

#251 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

<snort> Pot, meet Kettle.

I was FRAMED!  

I think we ALL know by who.

I'm ashamed to see such an evil display...though I think I have one like it in my own living room at the desert. :p

#252 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:50 PM

Okay, not a screenshot but thought I'd share. Thought it was pretty interesting either way.

(Close enough, yeah? After all, it's someone's screenshot.)  :p

336992_v1.jpg

Edited by DawnKnight, 14 November 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#253 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

Okay, not a screenshot but thought I'd share. Thought it was pretty interesting either way.

(Close enough, yeah? After all, it's someone's screenshot.)  :p

Love it! :D

#254 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Just in case this isn't around much longer... wanted at least SOME proof of my 6~9 hours of labor.
Personally I find the view breathtaking.

Tried to be respectful of everyone else's works while at the same time allowing anyone who visits the opportunity to appreciate said works from a different angle that only flying Server Gods generally get to see.

So without further ado... "The Sky Bridge: A Work In Progress ~or~ A Mistake Soon To Be Forgotten" (aka "Snake Way")

Spoiler

And... just a simple pic of my ground home from above:

Spoiler

Edited by DawnKnight, 14 November 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#255 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

Great views!  @DawnKnight  I was considering doing the same with a glass sky highway.

#256 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

Great views!  @DawnKnight  I was considering doing the same with a glass sky highway.

It probably would have been best not created over such a populated area though (especially not while made of cobblestone); the views FROM it look awesome, but I can't say it's a pretty thing to look at from the ground. :p

I've been a little lax in posting screenies (I enjoy the hell out of them, but meh have been lazy) and will take more interesting ones later, but here's a couple from over the past week or so...

The little enchanting area I set up at my place in the desert:

206lufd.jpg

Sunrise as viewed from "the edge of the world" (this was an odd and interesting treat to experience):

2nu58j.jpg

#257 Chameleon

Chameleon
  • vampire or somesuch

• 627 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

I love the enchanting area!  Especially in that resource pack.  

#258 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

It probably would have been best not created over such a populated area though (especially not while made of cobblestone); the views FROM it look awesome, but I can't say it's a pretty thing to look at from the ground. :p

I've been a little lax in posting screenies (I enjoy the hell out of them, but meh have been lazy) and will take more interesting ones later, but here's a couple from over the past week or so...

The little enchanting area I set up at my place in the desert:

Sunrise as viewed from "the edge of the world" (this was an odd and interesting treat to experience):

2nu58j.jpg

Oooo ahhhhh :o so pretty
Think my next quest is to find the end of the world. Wonder how many IG/IRL days it'll take to walk there. lol

such a populated area

You mean the outskirts of an area in which I'm usually the only one of us 4-5 active players that spend most of our time there? 

From my understanding everyone has long since moved away. :p

Would have made it entirely out of glass but... could not find sand to save my life. Let alone "enough" of it. lol

It's nowhere near finished anyways.

Have several ideas to thoroughly improve the bridge itself but mainly wanted to get it to the area where I'm building my sky house.

Though in the meantime I'm waiting to hear officially either way if it's allowed to stay or not.

If so: woohoo.

If not: completely understandable.

The journey was nice and the screenshots were worth it. :)

#259 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:15 PM

You mean the outskirts of an area in which I'm usually the only one of us 4-5 active players that spend most of our time there? 

From my understanding everyone has long since moved away.  :p

Would have made it entirely out of glass but... could not find sand to save my life. Let alone "enough" of it. lol

It's nowhere near finished anyways.

Have several ideas to thoroughly improve the bridge itself but mainly wanted to get it to the area where I'm building my sky house.

Though in the meantime I'm waiting to hear officially either way if it's allowed to stay or not.

If so: woohoo.

If not: completely understandable.

The journey was nice and the screenshots were worth it. :)

I think everyone is important & just because right now there's only 4 people on doesn't mean it's going to repopulate later.  Also not to be a butt, but It's the spawn area not "no one lives there" area. Everyone visits back there occasionally and if new people join that's the place they will start. ( as you know already) 

That being said if you need help with glass we can totally help you with obtaining it or go on adventures together. We are a community as a lovely crazy whole.

#260 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

I guess it was wishful thinking, but I had hoped eventually others would take the opportunity to build a branch on the sky bridge to their own house/castle/whatever in the sky. 

Have a floating city: old Codexia on the ground and New New Codexia in the clouds. lol

It was never intended to be mine exclusively. 

But the more feedback I hear the more I realize it was a stupid idea and poorly executed anyways.

Guess I'll start making tnt when I get back to town. :p

Edited by DawnKnight, 15 November 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#261 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

I think everyone is important & just because right now there's only 4 people on doesn't mean it's going to repopulate later.  Also not to be a butt, but It's the spawn area not "no one lives there" area. Everyone visits back there occasionally and if new people join that's the place they will start. ( as you know already) 

That being said if you need help with glass we can totally help you with obtaining it or go on adventures together. We are a community as a lovely crazy whole.

Exactly, Chappy, it's definitely the prime "common area" of the server considering that everyone starts there AND that most everyone also has a home there (since it is the starting point for all).  :wub:

@DawnKnight I can drop some sand off for you the next time I am in that area...but having said as much, I do not think that it would be nearly enough for you to redo the bridge (that would be talking like dozens of double chests filled to the brim with nothing but stacks of sand...and I cannot carry that!).

I guess it was wishful thinking, but I had hoped eventually others would take the opportunity to build a branch on the sky bridge to their own house/castle/whatever in the sky. 

Have a floating city: old Codexia on the ground and New New Codexia in the clouds. lol

But the more feedback I hear the more I realize it was a stupid idea and poorly executed anyways.

When it comes to something that you'd thought of as perhaps being a "community-wide" thing, perhaps it's best to talk about it and see if anyone is interested in participating prior to going to all the work of building? I'm just thinking out loud here, but stuff like that usually saves a ton of work if it's not something that anyone else would be interested in pitching in to connect to.

Also!  :idea: Please definitely DO keep in mind that the Neocodex Minecraft PC server world is ginormous, as in millions of blocks wide...

Most folks have homes/creations at spawn but ALSO home locations that they have found while out discovering other areas of the world...far-flung biomes of all types with no other user even around. It's quite fun to set up shop in various places...and it makes for great areas to go wild and create whatever one wishes. :)

#262 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

I'm sure if other want they will make one. Kord has a tower/sky house as well with a water elevator. :3
It's not stupid, it's just not an idea everyone would do. I for one am quite terrified of falling off so I'd personally never go on one unless its a one way thing.

I'd be happy to travel and give you some sand if you'd like though, I dont have that many. We'd all help so don't sweat it :3

If you find a place to move we can always portal it~ Saves time and food ^^

@Kord - I agree and we can both try dropping off goods if you need some~

#263 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm sure if other want they will make one. Kord has a tower/sky house as well with a water elevator. :3
It's not stupid, it's just not an idea everyone would do. I for one am quite terrified of falling off so I'd personally never go on one unless its a one way thing.

I'd be happy to travel and give you some sand if you'd like though, I dont have that many. We'd all help so don't sweat it :3

If you find a place to move we can always portal it~ Saves time and food ^^

@Kord - I agree and we can both try dropping off goods if you need some~

Oh @DawnKnight is gonna get stuck with more Pumpkin Pies than he wants, too, mainly because I enjoy the hell out of making them.  :lol2: The fact that they are a pretty quick food source that is useful is pretty nice too. ;)

#264 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

A few screenies from some recent builds that I have done (or been a part of).

Spoiler

#265 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Spoiler

Oh man that is sooo cool ^_^

lol giant portal reminds me of the Ori's space super stargate :D

#266 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

Spoiler

Awesome screenies, and I CAN'T WAIT to see what's up with that labyrinth!!!

#267 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

Oh man that is sooo cool ^_^

lol giant portal reminds me of the Ori's space super stargate :D

I feckin' LOVE Stargate xD

Thanks guys, but I don't think you'll like me and Romy much after being through the Labyrinth lol

#268 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

Before I run off to bed (the hour grows late...or early, depending upon how one wants to look at it!), I thought that I'd provide a little update re: the status of things at my main home, which happens to be in a mixed-biome area that I thought I'd temporarily occupy while harvesting sand; boy was I wrong, it's grown on me and is my main home now:

Spoiler

#269 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

Yup. I honestly think you'll hate us.  :ninja:

Oh well! We'll get a few good laughs at your expense though!

#270 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

Wow, that's like the perfect place for a home. Looks lovely. I'd never leave if that was mine. :D

#271 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:21 AM

Yup. I honestly think you'll hate us.  :ninja:

Oh well! We'll get a few good laughs at your expense though!

I'm up to about anything, hell you've made me not even hate fighting mobs, so even if I get my ass kicked...it's a learning experience. :D Strat can tell you about my demise at the hands of a friggin' Baby Zombie earlier this evening though (I definitely wasn't paying much attention to what I hsould have been doing; an Enderman got me before that).

Wow, that's like the perfect place for a home. Looks lovely. I'd never leave if that was mine. :D

Thank you so much, I really like it! :D Seriously, always keep your eyes open when you are traveling lost: I literally carved out a 5x5 hole in the wall here just to "camp out overnight", and obviously I got attached lol.

#272 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:27 AM

I'm up to about anything, hell you've made me not even hate fighting mobs, so even if I get my ass kicked...it's a learning experience. :D Strat can tell you about my demise at the hands of a friggin' Baby Zombie earlier this evening though (I definitely wasn't paying much attention to what I hsould have been doing; an Enderman got me before that).

What's gonna be most interesting is watching you guys fight, not mobs, but each other. The monsters that spawn are easy to take down because their movements are predictable. As long as you don't let yourself get cornered or overwhelmed, you'll survive.

But imagine fighting another player. Players are unpredictable. :p
(Plus, there are a few people with PvP experience that have played on the server....)

#273 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

What's gonna be most interesting is watching you guys fight, not mobs, but each other. The monsters that spawn are easy to take down because their movements are predictable. As long as you don't let yourself get cornered or overwhelmed, you'll survive.

But imagine fighting another player. Players are unpredictable. :p
(Plus, there are a few people with PvP experience that have played on the server....)

PvP will likely do me in bigtime; I've never played as such in Minecraft, but hey...I'm open to anything!

I'll be interested to know the closer it comes to things whether we'll be responsible for supplying all of our own weapons and so forth.

#274 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

PvP will likely do me in bigtime; I've never played as such in Minecraft, but hey...I'm open to anything!

I'll be interested to know the closer it comes to things whether we'll be responsible for supplying all of our own weapons and so forth.

Nope. I think that everyone will be using the same armor and sword (to keep an even playing field).

Bear in mind that nothing is set in stone however.

#275 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:47 AM

Nope. I think that everyone will be using the same armor and sword (to keep an even playing field).

Bear in mind that nothing is set in stone however.

Yep I know the whole Minecraft front here at Neocodex is in very very very developmental phases; I was just curious as to whether there was a known answer yet, but all good. :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft, screenshots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users