Quantcast

Photo

What strange food combinations do Codexians enjoy eating?

habit food discussion

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

Coconut can take on a variety of different consistencies, depending on how it's prepared. I looooove the taste and smell of coconut.

I like the taste a LOT but much like Tallahassee I dislike the consistency on many things, Snowballs included.

#52 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Snowballs included.

I just hope it wasn't lemon flavored.

#53 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I just hope it wasn't lemon flavored.

Wouldn't know, I won't eat them.

Zombieland references flooded my last post, fyi.

#54 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I like mac & cheese with baked beans OR mac & cheese with creamed corn. Don't really know where they came from, but I've enjoyed both since I was little. I also won't eat cereal in milk unless it's soggy.

My grandpa used to eat cornbread and milk, and he also ate Vienna sausage with maple syrup. Therefore, as a kid, I did, too. Now I won't touch a Vienna sausage, lols.

• Strawberries dipped in sugar

Those are great! I love to dip strawberries in sugar!

#55 meeeeow

meeeeow
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

not weird (at least a lot of my friends do this)
but mcflurries or hot fudge sundaes with mcdonald's fries <3

#56 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Peanut butter and apple.

#57 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Peanut butter and apple.

This actually reminds me of one I do enjoy.

Apple and Cream Cheese. I don't know how strange that one is but it tastes pretty damn good.

#58 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

That actually reminds me, when I was a kid I would put ketchup on my scrambled eggs.

I did too, and still do on occasion. Nom nom

Peanut butter, butter, jelly and banana slices on whole wheat bread <3.

I like this sandwich minus the jelly. This reminds me of one sandwich that I like: bologna, mayo and grape jelly. Oooh or marshmallow fluff and banana sandwiches.

When I was younger I use to eat the weirdest things, like carrot and celery in salted water, I called it "my special soup". I also made a dipping sauce for chips out of ketchup and mayo, just thinking about it makes me want to puke. :/ I also ate lipstick, crayons, pencils, paper, and dog biscuits when I was really young.

I eat ketchup with grilled cheese sandwiches, ketchup with scrambled eggs, A1 sauce on mashed potatoes and baked potatoes, and potato chips with barbecue sauce. Lol

You sound like my younger daughter. She'll eat dog shit and dead bugs if I let her. I still use ketchup and mayo dipping sauce (I like to sprinkle pepper in it too). I actually came up with an idea to pre-bottle it like Mentadent in two separate tubes, and when you squeeze it both comes out at the same time. I called it ManUp.

When I was in high school I would take every condiment available and drizzle them all on top of my french fries together. Ketchup, honey, mustard, mayo, all those colorful delicious lines zig-zagging over one another, dripping down the salty, oily fries... mmmfff

Probably the weirdest thing I eat would have to be Wendy's fries with their chocolate Frosty... Everyone looks at me funny. But it tastes so gooood, I don't even care if it makes me fat

I prefer fries dipped in strawberry shakes, but I always eat my Wendy's fries this way ofc. Who doesn't? :p

I couldn't possibly list all the crazy things that I eat, because pretty much everything I eat is crazy, but I'll list a few

Yellow mustard on my sausage biscuits, and my plain chips.
I put flax seeds in pretty much anything I could put flax seeds in (salad, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, sprinkled atop waffles, ground up and coated on banans..)
Ranch dressing on pizza, and french fries, and baked potatoes
Kimchi (that pretty much speaks for itself). Also, Spam
Cottage cheese and anything, omg. Even cookies dipped in cottage cheese. Also, if you make your mashed potatoes from scratch, try using cottage cheese in them, omg.
Mini M&M's stirred into orange sherbet (I don't do this really anymore, too much sugar)
Grilled burgers on a bun made of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Put some bacon on that and you've got yourself one amazing burger.
The only thing that I combine Nutella with is a spoon on the way to my mouth
Black and Tan (ok not so strange but sooooo good from the tap)
Gingersnaps dipped in whiskey. MMM I call them "Whiskeysnaps." This also works well with Samoas Girl Scout cookies. I would imagine most cookies would taste fine dipped in some sort liquor.

#59 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I know a ton of people who do that, it's not really all that strange at all. Most people who eat Wendy's Frosty's do that.

It is disgusting though. Have you ever left a frosty out overnight? They don't melt.

#60 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Chocolate and salt and vinegar crisps is delicious ^_^

Oh yes and chips dipped in milkshake.

I'm a slut for that salty/sweet killer combo :p

#61 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Ranch dressing on pizza, and french fries, and baked potatoes
Mini M&M's stirred into orange sherbet (I don't do this really anymore, too much sugar)

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I actually tend to use ranch as if it was ketchup these days. Ranch on tacos. Ranch on pizza rolls. Ranch on hot pockets. Ketchup is still used for fries though, can't beat that.

• Strawberries dipped in sugar

The topic is specifically " strange food combinations"

Sugar and strawberries is probably the most natural way for strawberries to be eaten, maybe second to only chocolate.

Chocolate and salt and vinegar crisps is delicious ^_^

See. I've never had a desire, or the possibility to add anything to my salt and vinegar chips. They are gone way to fast for that.

#62 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

It is disgusting though. Have you ever left a frosty out overnight? They don't melt.

Another one of those plastic foods you keep telling me not to eat?

#63 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Fried egg with vinegar and sugar.
It was one of my mother's experiments when I was younger, and I've been eating it ever since XD

#64 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I love coconut! It is the consistency that makes me crave it. I just don't like how much work goes into eating it fresh.

:p How is that a strange food combination?

Fried egg with vinegar and sugar.
It was one of my mother's experiments when I was younger, and I've been eating it ever since XD

Haha why on earth did your mother put those things together?

#65 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Haha why on earth did your mother put those things together?

She heard that sweet and sour was in, so she gave it a go :rolleyes:
It's pretty good, actually. I recommend it XD

#66 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

I only really care for vinegar on my subway subs. I get it with vinegar and oil.

#67 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Another one of those plastic foods you keep telling me not to eat?

Er, yeah.

#68 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

Peanut butter and apple.

fucking HELL those are the best.
pb and bananas, pb on apples. mmmm.
i eat my nori with seaweed. uhhh.
my whole family dips croissants in milk.it's really not bad.
i put smoked paprika on everything. everything that's supposed to taste savoury, smoked paprika on it.

#69 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

fucking HELL those are the best.
pb and bananas, pb on apples. mmmm.
i eat my nori with seaweed. uhhh.
my whole family dips croissants in milk.it's really not bad.
i put smoked paprika on everything. everything that's supposed to taste savoury, smoked paprika on it.

What is nori?

#70 Maggiemouse

Maggiemouse
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

You sound like my younger daughter. She'll eat dog shit and dead bugs if I let her. I still use ketchup and mayo dipping sauce (I like to sprinkle pepper in it too). I actually came up with an idea to pre-bottle it like Mentadent in two separate tubes, and when you squeeze it both comes out at the same time. I called it ManUp.

When I was in high school I would take every condiment available and drizzle them all on top of my french fries together. Ketchup, honey, mustard, mayo, all those colorful delicious lines zig-zagging over one another, dripping down the salty, oily fries... mmmfff

Haha, I don't think I would've gone that far, though I didn't have a dog so who knows! :lol2:
Mayo grosses me out now! I gag when I see it.

:p How is that a strange food combination?

It isn't! I was responding to something Yung said on the 2nd page. I just forgot to quote his post. O_o

Edited by Maggiemouse, 16 May 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#71 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

It isn't! I was responding to something Yung said on the 2nd page. I just forgot to quote his post. O_o

Oh riiiight, so wait - Yung things coconut is a strange food combination? Lullz ^_^

#72 Maggiemouse

Maggiemouse
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Oh riiiight, so wait - Yung things coconut is a strange food combination? Lullz ^_^

We were talking about eating rubber bands, and I said I use to suck on them, but never swallow.
He said it was probably the consistency that stopped me, kinda like how he feels about coconut. :boxed:

#73 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Mayo grosses me out now! I gag when I see it.

I refuse to eat mayo, I'll eat Miracle Whip though.

The reason I wont eat mayo is because of this:

If you take a butter knife and put it in a jar of mayo and take a butter knife and put it in a jar of miracle whip, wait 30 minutes and pull them out.

Taste the mayo off the first butter knife and it tastes metallic.

The miracle however will still taste like miracle whip even if you lick it all off the knife.

Probably has a lot to do with the vinegar in miracle whip.

#74 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

I refuse to eat mayo, I'll eat Miracle Whip though.

The reason I wont eat mayo is because of this:

If you take a butter knife and put it in a jar of mayo and take a butter knife and put it in a jar of miracle whip, wait 30 minutes and pull them out.

Taste the mayo off the first butter knife and it tastes metallic.

The miracle however will still taste like miracle whip even if you lick it all off the knife.

Probably has a lot to do with the vinegar in miracle whip.

...that's your reason and you eat highly processed piles of plastic 24/7? I no longer feel guilty for sneaking mayo in everything you eat.

#75 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

...that's your reason and you eat highly processed piles of plastic 24/7? I no longer feel guilty for sneaking mayo in everything you eat.

Frozen Pizza is not plastic, neither is Hot Pockets.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: habit, food, discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users